- The pool will be open for use during the days and times listed on the schedule posted at https://www.waterfordlexington.com except in cases of inclement weather, special activities or maintenance. Entering the pool during unscheduled times without prior approval will be considered trespassing.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a chaperone 15 or older. This rule will be strictly enforced. If any doubt occurs as to the child’s ability to swim, the lifeguard on duty may require the child to leave and to be accompanied by a parent or guardian on future visits.
- The wading pool (baby pool) is for the use of children five years or younger, who must be accompanied by an adult.
- Lightning is deemed to have occurred nearby when lightning is seen or thunder is heard by a lifeguard. If uncertain as to whether lightning has occurred, lifeguards will verify using an app such as Weatherbug. Lifeguards will clear the entire pool deck of people for 30 minutes after each occurrence of thunder or lightning. Unsupportiveness and/or failure to promptly comply may be grounds for suspension or termination of pool privileges. For safety reasons, no one may reenter the pool deck to collect belongings during those 30 minutes. Management is authorized to close the pool due to inclement weather conditions.
- Any non-residents visiting the pool must be accompanied by a Waterford homeowner.
Code of Conduct
- Only one person may be on the diving board at a time. The area in front of the diving board is for diving only. Swimming in front of or underneath the diving board, or diving or jumping from the side of the board is not permitted. Divers must swim to the nearest ladder to the right of the diving board (not under the lap lane marker or toward the diving board side wall) to exit the pool. The diving area must be clear before the next diver jumps off the board. Diving into the shallow end of the pool is not permitted.
- Swim goggles or face masks may not be worn when diving or jumping from the diving board.
- Dunking, wrestling, running, towel flipping, bullying, rough play and any other activities deemed unsafe by the lifeguards are not permitted and may result in disciplinary action. Calling out for help when not necessary will not be tolerated.
- Intoxication, belligerent behavior, and any language considered profane, abusive, vulgar, harassing, demeaning or otherwise inappropriate, whether directed toward other patrons or lifeguards, will not be tolerated and may result in immediate suspension or termination of pool privileges without refund.
- No smoking or tobacco is permitted in or around the pool area or on Waterford Swim and Racquet Club grounds. This includes cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and e-cigs.
- Towels, paper cups, popsicle sticks, plastic straws, balls other than squishy balls, etc. are not permitted in the pool as they may endanger other swimmers or damage the filtration system.
- Air-filled flotation devices are not permitted. Noodles and foam-filled life jackets are acceptable. Only coast guard approved flotation devices may be worn when jumping off the diving board.
- Willful defacement or destruction of property will result in immediate termination of pool privileges without refund (nanny pass, guest fees, etc.). Pool members are liable for losses or damages caused by their guests and/or children.
- Pool members and guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves by removing all containers, wrappers, spilled food/drink, and other trash from deck tables and the surrounding area that they occupied prior to departure.
- Glass bottles or containers are strictly prohibited within the fenced-in pool area.
- Drinks or food items are not permitted in the pool or on the pool apron.
- Pool furniture may not be moved outside of the pool area or placed in the pool.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area.
- Waterford Swim and Racquet Club is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. All personal possessions will be removed from the pool and dressing rooms at the end of each day. Lost items are not the responsibility of lifeguards or management.
- Lifeguards are present for YOUR safety. Their instructions must be followed promptly and AT ALL TIMES. Noncompliance, argumentativeness, and other language or actions that disregard or diminish lifeguard authority are grounds for disciplinary action.
- Pool members are fully responsible for the conduct of their children and guests.
- Proper swimming attire (no cutoffs, thongs and non-bathing attire) is required in the pool area.
- The playing of loud music is prohibited.
- Casual swimming is permitted in lap lanes except when used by lap swimmers. On arrival, lap swimmers should notify lifeguards to clear the lap lanes.
- These rules and regulations shall be in effect at all times and for all events unless superseded by Board policy or by a Board-approved, event-specific waiver.
Noncompliance may result in disciplinary actions including verbal warning, ejection from the pool, suspension of pool privileges, and termination of pool privileges without refund (nanny pass, guest fees, etc.). The Property Manager, Pool Manager, and the Association Board of Directors are authorized to close the pool should, in their judgement, circumstances warrant and may modify these rules in response to future developments.
902 KAR 10:120. Section 15
Spectator and Bather Administrative Regulations. (1) Rules governing the use of the facility and instructions to bathers shall be displayed on placards at the entrance to dressing rooms and shall be enforced by the facility operator. Posting of rules and other instructions shall provide that:
(a) Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind are not permitted. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the facility area;
(b) No food, drink, gum, or tobacco will be allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the facility area;
(c) Personal conduct within the facility shall assure that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running and no boisterous or rough play (except supervised water sports) are permitted;
(d) People in street shoes and other spectators are not allowed in the facility, on the deck, and in the “wet” areas of the bathhouse, except those engaged in official duties;
(e) Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the facility water is not permitted;
(f) Glass, soap, or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the facility shall not be permitted in the facility or on the deck;
(g) All apparel worn in the facility shall be clean;
(h) Diving in shallow water is not permitted;
(i) Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving boards; and
(j) Animals shall be excluded from the facility area.