Rules and Regulations
Waterford Pool Rules and Regulations
- The pool will be open for use during the times listed on the schedule. No one will be allowed in the pool at other hours with the exception of supervised swim practice. Entering the pool during unscheduled times will be considered trespassing. Hours may vary due to weather and season, special activities, or maintenance.
- Members and guests must register at the gate before entering the pool and must present membership cards to the lifeguard on duty. Members may not enter without a valid Waterford pool pass.
- Members may purchase guest passes at the gate for $5.00 per day. All guests must be accompanied by a member and sign in with the lifeguard on duty upon arrival. Members are responsible for the behavior of their guests. Members may purchase guest passes in advance from the Waterford Property Manager.
- Members may purchase a “nanny” pass for a babysitter, which may only be used when accompanied by the listed child/children. Limit of one pass per membership at $50.00.
- Any minor under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a chaperone 16 or older. This rule will be rigidly enforced. If any doubt occurs as to the child’s ability to swim, the lifeguard on duty may ask the child to leave and to be accompanied by a parent or guardian on future visits.
- The wading pool is for use of children five years or younger, who must be accompanied by an adult.
- The entire pool deck must be cleared of people for 30 minutes after each discernible occurrence of thunder or lightning. No one may reenter the pool deck to collect belongings during those 30 minutes. The pool management company is authorized the discretion to close the pool for the day due to weather conditions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Only one person may be on the diving board at a time. The area in front of the diving board is for diving only. Swimming in front or under the board is not permitted. Diving or jumping from the side of the board is not permitted. Divers must swim to the ladder closest to the lifeguard to exit the pool. Diving area must be clear before the next diver jumps off the board. Diving in the shallow end of the pool is not permitted.
- Dunking, wrestling, running, towel flipping, bullying, rough play and any other activities deemed unsafe by the lifeguards are not permitted and may result in disciplinary action. Calling out for help when not necessary will not be tolerated.
- Intoxicated or belligerent behavior will not be tolerated and may result in suspension or termination of pool privileges without refund. Foul language will not be tolerated.
- No smoking or tobacco is permitted in or around the pool area or on Waterford Swim and Racquet Club grounds. This includes cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and e-cigs.
- Balls other than squishy balls, towels, paper cups, popsicle sticks, plastic straws, etc. are not permitted in the pool as they may endanger other swimmers or damage the filtration system.
- Air-filled flotation devices are not permitted. Noodles and foam-filled life jackets are acceptable. No flotation device may be worn when jumping off the diving board.
- Willful defacing or destruction of property will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of pool privileges without refund. Members will be held liable for losses or damages by their guests and/or children.
- Glass bottles or containers are strictly prohibited within the fenced pool area.
- Drinks or food items are not permitted in the pool or on the pool apron.
- Pool furniture may not be moved outside of the pool area or placed in the pool.
- Pets are prohibited from entering the pool area.
- Waterford Swim and Racquet Club is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. All personal possessions will be removed from the pool and dressing rooms at the end of each day. Lost items are not the responsibility of lifeguards.
- Lifeguard instructions must be followed AT ALL TIMES; they are here for YOUR safety.
- Members are fully responsible for the conduct of their children.
- Proper swimming attire is required. Cutoffs, thongs and non-bathing attire are not permitted in the pool or on the pool deck.
- Playing of loud music is prohibited.
- Lap lanes are for the use of lap swimmers. Casual swimming is permitted in lap lanes while there are no lap swimmers, but lap lanes must be cleared when a lap swimmer arrives. Lap swimmers should notify lifeguards to clear lap lanes when they arrive.
- Property Managers should be notified one week in advance of any parties at the pool via completion of a POOL PARTY FORM to ensure proper lifeguard coverage is available. Without prior notification, a last-minute lifeguard must be called; your party may not begin until the lifeguard has arrived, and you will be subject to paying the additional lifeguard. The pool may be rented prior to pool opening or after pool closing for an additional fee.
Failure to cooperate may result in up to and including verbal warning, ejection from the pool, suspension of pool privileges, and terminating pool membership without refund. The property manager, pool manager or Home Owners Association Board are authorized to close the pool should, in their judgement, circumstances warrant and may supplement this list with additional rules to address a particular situation.
902 KAR 10:120. Section 15
Spectator and Bather Administrative Regulations. (1) Rules governing the use of the facility and instructions to bathers shall be displayed on placards at the entrance to dressing rooms and shall be enforced by the facility operator. Posting of rules and other instructions shall provide that:
(a) Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind are not permitted. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the facility area;
(b) No food, drink, gum, or tobacco will be allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the facility area;
(c) Personal conduct within the facility shall assure that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running and no boisterous or rough play (except supervised water sports) are permitted;
(d) People in street shoes and other spectators are not allowed in the facility, on the deck, and in the “wet” areas of the bathhouse, except those engaged in official duties;
(e) Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the facility water is not permitted;
(f) Glass, soap, or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the facility shall not be permitted in the facility or on the deck;
(g) All apparel worn in the facility shall be clean;
(h) Diving in shallow water is not permitted;
(i) Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving boards; and
(j) Animals shall be excluded from the facility area.